|New welding specialists in the KUKA range|
Essen/Augsburg, September 2009 – Swabian robot manufacturer KUKA is expanding its product portfolio for the welding market with two new robot types: the KR 16 arc HW and the KR 16 L8 arc HW. The specialism of both robots is arc welding. Here they are characterized by their robustness, accuracy and security of investment, making them tailor-made for the requirements of arc welding applications.
The robots feature a hollow-wrist design, with a 50 mm opening that allows the integration of all commonly-used welding packages, and achieve a repeatability of less than +/- 0.05 mm. Endowed with protection classification IP54, they are suitable for operation even in the harsh conditions typical of welding environments. The infinitely rotating axis 6 saves time, while the combination of powerful motors and low weight (245 / 238 kg) makes these welding professionals highly productive. The KR 16 arc HW, with a payload of up to 16 kg, is particularly suited to larger workpieces – e.g. in thick plate applications. If, however, reach is important, the KR 16 L8 arc HW with a reach of up to 2,015 mm is the obvious first choice.
Following the launch of the first KUKA robot with a Hollow Wrist construction in 2007, KUKA Roboter is now building on this design with these two new models. The optimized arm with double-sided mounting of the robot has proved its worth in production environments. It ensures greater stiffness and reduced vibrations – and is resilient in the case of minor collisions.
Overview of the KUKA welding portfolioRobots for arc welding:
- KR 5 arc – a robot for arc welding and much more besides
- KR 5 arc HW – the true arc welding specialist
- KR 16 arc HW – the robot for heavier welding tasks
- KR 16 L8 arc HW – the robot for larger welding problems
Robots for laser welding:
- KR 30 HA, KR 60 HA, KR 100 HA - ideal for high-accuracy continuous-path processes, e.g. laser applications
Robots for spot welding:
- KR 150-2, KR 180-2, KR 210-2, KR 240-2, KR 270-2 – Series 2000 robots are characterized by precision and speed
- KR 100-3 comp, KR 140-4 comp, KR 220-3 comp – compact design and high stiffness – ideal for spot welding
- KUKA Posiflex System – a custom-configurable modular positioning system for payloads from 250 to 1000 kg
- KUKA.ArcTech for rapid programming of arc welding applications
- KUKA.SeamTech for automatic seam tracking
- KUKA.TouchSense for tactile seam searching
- KUKA.ServoGun for operation of electric motor-driven spot weld guns with the robot controller
- KUKA.Mulitlayer for multi-layer welding with calculation of the different weld seams